Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Starting again

Pre-baby weight: 185
Pre-birth weight: 244
Post-partum weight: 203

Pounds to pre-baby: 18
Pounds to current goal: 38

I know, I know.  Weight is not the only determining factor when it comes to overall health.  I've got bigger issues right now to deal with.  Weight, however, is an indicator of those other things and working on reducing the weight.  Major issues I need to address: irregular/high blood sugars, high(ish) cholesterol, and high blood pressure (this was brought on by pregnancy).  

We also need to address our lifestyle.  We've been sedentary for a while, too long.  We're working on a plan for changing this.  However, as I sit in the NICU of the hospital it's hard to get a move on.  I did walk all the way to the cafeteria the other day  (that's quite a walk).  We didn't eat, just walked there and back.  It wore me out, something about this post-baby body is easily tired out by walking.  We'll start with walking, hiking, etc.

Part of our lifestyle that needs to be addressed is our food intake.  In fact, Mr. Crum has started to consider alternative food plans.  He is looking at a low carb whole foods vegan(ish) diet.  That's a lot to put into one package and we're going to spend some time looking at recipes and gathering ideas and information for 2 weeks and then hit it hard.  Right now we're working on making better choices (although he's eating a frozen meal for lunch and planning to take our boys to McDonalds for dinner).  

Our start: DIY lunches at the hospital.  First off, I don't want to spend the money on buying food for every meal while we're here.  Secondly, what I'll eat when I go to the cafeteria is not entirely healthy.  So my foods while I'm at the hospital: Low carb whole wheat wraps, sunbutter, carrots, string cheese, yogurt, flavored almonds, and a piece of fresh fruit for a snack.  Dinners are being brought to us by some generous women from church, so they may not fit with "the plan".  We're glad to be flexible and accept the love from others.

Fitness goal for this week:  Walk, to the lounge, to the cafeteria, to greet visitors.  I just need to make sure I'm not sitting all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment